Pension Office News | February 2016
NEW SEATTLE POLICE DEPARTMENT RETIREMENTS
No retirements to report this month.
PENSION OFFICE NEWS
- There are still a few outstanding 2015 Medicare Part B Requests for Reimbursements. Please return them.
- A few members have not sent in the 2016 Reporting Forms, please send them in to the Pension Office.
- Remember, before paying up front for any medical service, please call Jan at 206-386-1286 or Stephanie at 206-386-1287 first.
- The Select Committee on Pension Policy has endorsed the bill to reopen the window period for those who remarried after retirement to sign up for a survivor benefit. Remember, if you marry after retirement, there is a one-year waiting period before you can sign up your spouse for the survivor pension. Then you must apply before your second anniversary.
- There is another bill that will allow LEOFF I plan members to buy a state retirement annuity like Plan 2 members.