Pension Office News | July 2018
PENSION OFFICE NEWS
- The Division I (widow’s) July 1, 2018 COLA adjustment is 3.5%. There are very few remaining.
- Last month, it was mentioned that new Medicare cards with new ID numbers were being issued by the US Government. Since then, several members have called to report they have not received their new Medicare card. Don’t worry if you have not received it yet. The transition period lasts through all of 2019. So, just keep using the old card. But once you receive your new card, send a copy to the Pension Office.
- Next month, the results of the RAP picnic events and white elephant auction will be published. The picnic starts around 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, August 2, 2018 at the Range.
- Don’t forget – the Retired Officers Banquet is Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at the Range Pavilion. Doors open about 5:00 p.m. Call ¬Relief at 206-726-9095 for info and tickets.
- ATTENTION, ATTENTION – if you are considering home care, assisted living, or some other facility care, call Jan at 206-386-1286, Option #1, before taking any action. She will gladly advise and assist you.
- The rumor is that Make Hargraves #2975 is throwing out the first pitch at the Mariner’s game on Tuesday, September 11, 2018. He has been working field security for the Mariner’s since their first game in the Kingdome, 41 seasons ago. Larry Harvey #3189 is the only other original member of the security crew still working the Mariner’s. Yogi Berra would be proud of them. He would have said, “Congratulations, (their) record would stand until it was broken.”
There are no retirements to report this month.
Wives & Widows
Elsie Freeland, wife of deceased retired Seattle Police Patrolman James Freeland #478, passed away on July 3, 2018.
Patricia Verlinda, wife of deceased retired Seattle Police Detective Al Verlinda #622, passed away on May 27, 2018 at the age of 97.
Sid Roswick, retired Chief Investigator for the Medical Examiner’s Office passed away in June 2018, at the age of 91.