Pension Office News | December 2018
PENSION OFFICE NEWS
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- The RSPOA Christmas Luncheon will be December 12th. Reservations are due by December 10th. No ticket sales at the door..
- If you have not heard, Mayor Durkan signed the SPOG Contract in mid-November. However, the official salary schedules that affect 41.20 beneficiaries has not been released as of 11/27/18 from Labor Relations. When they are, the Pension Office will begin the long process of calculating the comparison of benefits between 41.26 and 41.20 to determine any “excess benefit”. Any retro will be paid in February or March, depending on when we receive the final salary schedules.
- The 2019 SMPA salary schedule is being processed for January; there will be 6 days retro on the January check for those 41.20 beneficiaries that qualify for “excess benefit”.
- The Medicare Part B Reimbursements will start to be mailed out this month to those retirees who have returned their 2019 Reporting Forms.
- Don’t forget to send in your POA to the Pension Office. We need to know who you want to make decisions for you if you are incapacitated. Call 206-386-1286 (3), or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
There are no retirements to report this month.
Wives & Widows
Cherie Bissegger, wife of deceased retired Seattle Police Patrolman Mel Bissegger #2914, passed away on October 27, 2018 at the age of 76.
Joyce Jensen, wife of deceased retired Seattle Police Detective Sergeant Ted Jensen #2004, passed away on June 2, 2018 just 12 days before her 84th birthday.
Dr. Donald Reay, King County Chief Medical Examiner for more than 20 years. He oversaw more than 5,000 autopsies. He also taught at the University of Washington Department of Pathology. He passed away on November 10, 2018 at the age of 81.