Retired Seattle Police Officers Association

Last Ring

Take a moment to remember our friends and associates who have passed.

Manny Washington #4078 retired Seattle Police Detective passed away on April 5, 2021 at the age of 74.

Manny was born and raised in Slidell, Louisiana. After school to help out the family he worked in a bakery. When he graduated, he married his high school sweetheart Audrienna. Shortly there after he landed a job with Boeing and moved to Seattle. His job was to operate diagnostic equipment during test flights of new aircraft. But his real vocation was working with youngsters. He coached junior football on the side. Eventually he left Boeing and went to Garfield High as the Dean of Students and was the football and track coach. All the kids knew and respected him. About the time several East Precinct officers including Dave Orange and Dwayne Coverson, encouraged Manny to become a police officer. They thought he would be a natural. He joined the department on December 10, 1976, and he was a natural. All the young people referred to him as Mr. Washington while he worked the East Precinct.

In the early 1980’s Manny teamed up with Al Williams #4071, working plainclothes. Due to the great work they accomplished, Manny was assigned to the guard detail to protect the lone survivor of the Wah Mee Massacre. After the trial, he was recruited to the original gang unit to work for Dave Orange. Two years later, Manny moved to Narcotics. There he took a new Detective, Mike Ciesynski #4749 under his wing. This was a fast moving proactive team against rock houses and the more addictive deviates of cocaine. Next he was transferred to a multi agency task force. Around this time John Foley #1247 left the department, so the off-duty job of working the Sonics bench became open. Manny got it and worked for years. He helped many charity organizations get autographs of Sonic memorabilia for their auctions.

Manny’s last assignment was working for his old friend and fishing buddy, Dave Orange in the Fugitive Unit. There, Manny and Dave Murray #3811 begin to work together for six years. After 30 years of service, Manny retired on January 19, 2007

Manny and Audrienna moved to Ocean Shores so he could salt water and freshwater (duck lake) fish. He is survived by his wife for 56 years Adrina, three sons, Nelson, Aaron, and Rodney and numerous grandchildren.

At the family's request, due to Covid there will be a private family funeral service. Eventually, there will be a Celebration of Life that all can attend at a later date.